Title: Project Accountant
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Line of Business: Workforce Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Project Accountant.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Project Accountant Responsibilities
Responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting project financial status. Supervises financial and accounting staff, ensuring that
procedures and policies are in place to facilitate effective and efficient financial reporting compliant with local, state and corporate policies. Directs fiscal operations relating to financial planning, funds management, accounting, reporting and disbarment. Other responsibilities include monthly general labor reporting for all operating expenses including payroll and capital expense, monthly projection, annual budget and annual audit.
- Close process and financial review
- Manage accounts Receivable and Billing
- Manage accounts payable direct and pass thru payments
- Monitoring and internal controls
- Supervise financial/accounting staff
- Plan activities to meet project deadlines
- Prepare/analyze monthly reports
- Maintain customer relationship
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, accounting, finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education and
- 3-5 years accounting experience.
Must have demonstrated Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), be able to interpret balance sheets and profit/loss reports, and write and implement financial management policies and procedures.
- Must be able to budget and forecast across multiple funding streams and communicate the contract’s financial position.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to use general office equipment.
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work across all levels of management and staff.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
3400 Tulane Avenue 2nd Floor , New Orleans, LA 70119-7142 USA