As a Combo Driver for AAA Cooper Transportation your responsibilities will vary from safely moving freight from one of our strategically placed Service Center locations to another Service Center location, or work as a pickup and delivery driver to satisfy the requirement of our customers. Combo Drivers may have paid time on the dock at one of the 76 Service Centers.
Don't wait another day to join over 1700 family members with 10 plus years with AAA Cooper Transportation!
Combo Drivers are responsible for managing the loading, unloading, and sorting of freight and are key to ensure that our customers' freight is delivered on time and damage free. As a full-time AAA Cooper Transportation employee, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Wellness programs
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Safety and Performance Rewards Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Load and unload trailers and move freight across the terminal dock, either individually or with assistance of co-worker, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment, as required.
- Load freight to and from dock and trailers according to specifications of Bills of Lading, delivery receipts, packaging labels, etc.
- Plan the loading of freight onto trailers to fully utilize available space and minimize the risk of damage.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear.
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition as required by state/federal laws and AAA Cooper.
- Fuel trucks, tractors, and other company equipment.
- Clean, sweep and wash dock, trailers, yard, tractor and other work areas.
- Perform safe and legal operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 21 years or older
- Class A Interstate Commercial Drivers' License with hazardous materials and double/triple endorsements
- 2 years' driving experience preferred
- Pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical
- Satisfactory background check
- Pass ACT road test
- Have the ability to be certified as a forklift operator
- Be familiar with proper procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations that govern a safe work environment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Count, add, and subtract digits up to 10,000's.
- Flexible hours
A dockworker must have the ability to:
- Perform frequent actions such as: squatting, bending, twisting, turning and reaching overhead.
- Enter and exit trailers as many as 40+ times per day with the assistance of various handholds and steps.
- Perform frequent pushing and pulling of freight up to 500 lbs. on a dolly or cart, as well as, freight weighing more than 100 lbs. with or without mechanical aid.
- Frequently carry freight weighing up to 110 lbs. of varying size and shape up to a distance of 53 feet.
- Spend up to85% of the day standing and/or walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, or metal.
- Hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, and open and close the cargo door.