This position has a focus on maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial building equipment. This role has wide ranging responsibilities including low/medium voltage power, plumbing, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system and vendor management. Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for boilers, chillers and controls, lighting systems and controls, EMS, BMS and other facility subsystems and support tools. A very high percentage of "wrench time" is expected.
The individual in this role must be available for call-in work and to perform other duties as required. The candidate must possess the ability to diagnose and repair equipment with minimal use of third party vendors.
- Maintain all equipment with a professional and safe approach.
- Review and analyzing system data with Chief Engineer on any maintenance changes, upgrades, replacements, etc.
- Provide professional feedback to update preventative maintenance procedures.
- Maintain up to date & complete system documentation in a central resource location, for all repairs or changes to the system.
- Monitor the operation on chiller, boilers, air compressors, refrigeration, heat exchangers, HVAC, hot water systems, air conditioning equipment, ventilating and other mechanical lighting and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems and troubleshoot any problems/malfunctions and support corrective actions as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance on systems to include: mobilization of tools, equipment and materials; performing work with minimal disruption to occupants; properly maintaining required documentation, conducting immediate cleanup of work area including returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room; identifying and reporting all equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to the Chief Engineer.
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
- Supports moves of office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
- Able to work on roofs of buildings
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials and refrigerants.
- Maintains a clean and safe workspace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or state equivalent required
- Two years of related trade schooling or equivalent
- Factory training / experience working with commercial equipment
- Experience - Minimum five years' experience working with mechanical systems
- Prior experience working within an industrial maintenance service technician role is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with commercial and industrial equipment
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Universal HVAC and/or Boiler certification a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Prior knowledge of working within a GMP environment is a plus
- Capable of operating BMS and CMMS systems
- Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment.
- Speak fluent English
- Completion of written documentation is required.
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS
- Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs and use ladders up to 26'
- The working environment is a pharmaceutical manufacturing and office location.
- Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now" * A "best company to work for" in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.