Title: Residential Manager
Job Category: Operations Management
Line of Business: Residential Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Residential Manager.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Residential Manager Responsibilities
Responsible for the overall operation of assigned service site(s) including: staff, budget, compliance with State/Federal Regulations or standards of service, and general quality of service to person(s) served in these programs. The tasks are highly complex and require negotiation and communication skills, organizational abilities, advocacy skills, and overall business sense. As a Home Manager, your
primary duty is to manage and supervise direct care staff. Thus, this job is exempt from overtime compensation. Hiring, firing, and disciplinary recommendations are all part of your job duties. This position may have to, from time to time, fill in a direct care shift or perform direct care work, but it continues to have management and supervision as its primary duty.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company’s Mission, Vision, and Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Supervises the provision of assistance to person(s) served in order to promote their physical, social, and psychological well
- Monitors and ensures staff follow agency procedures to promote optimum safety practices to provide a safe environment.
- Monitors and ensures staff follows agency procedures to promote optimum health care and behavior supports.
- Monitors and ensures staff completes all documentation as required to ensure quality services.
- Supervises staff interactions with person(s) served and support staff to promote the rights of the person(s) served to achieve enhanced quality of life.
- Ensure MSDS (material data safety sheets) are present for all supplies/chemicals as applicable for assigned service sites.
- Conducts timely performance reviews.
- Maintains a work environment that supports dignity and fair treatment of staff.
- Participates in recruitment, ensures vacancies are filled in a timely manner, and participates in all hiring and termination decisions for assigned locations.
- Ensures that staff is deployed appropriately, and that staffing ratios are in compliance with regulatory and service plan requirements.
- Prepares and posts schedules in a timely manner, and efficiently utilizes staff.
- Oversees staff training and orientation and maintains records.
- Reviews and provides feedback on all staff documentation, including time and attendance, requests for time off, etc.
- Ensure staff is properly trained on MSDS for chemicals/supplies.
- Serves as a positive role model and supports development of staff.
- Conducts staff counseling and corrective action including work improvement plans and follow-up.
- Ensures applicable OSHA compliance standards are met and all related training occurs. Documents training and compliance in accordance with ResCare and regulatory requirements.
- Promotes the individuality of person(s) served by ensuring that common living areas and bedrooms are individualized to reflect the personality of the person(s) who lives there.
- Implements systems for disposal, collection and storing of medical waste.
- Implements and oversees Best in Class initiatives for assigned service site(s).
- Provides timely and appropriate feedback and oversight on staff documentation, including daily progress notes, data sheets, and incident reports.
- Ensures that each person served has an activity schedule developed and implemented.
- Oversees implementation of services outlined in person(s) served service plan.
- Oversees implementation of and compliance with audit systems.
- Observes the implementation of client rights and coaches staff on choice issues such as possessions, use of money, and church preferences.
- Assists with the review and tracking of incident and accident reports.
- Responds to emergencies for person(s) served.
- Participates as needed with investigations involving persons served and employees at assigned service site(s).
- Monitors labor hours and ensures assigned service site(s) are operating within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures timely submission of trust fund requests, receipts, and related financial documentation.
- Ensures a safe work environment to minimize worker’s compensation injuries and financial expenditures. Responsible for timely reporting of all service site injuries and assist with the management of claims.
- Monitors service site expenses relative to budgets.
- Trains staff on financial and administrative controls.
- Maintains the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Shares information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Maintains and submits documentation in the format and timelines required by the Company, facility, local, state and federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned in response to the patient, office and/or program needs.
- One year of supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience providing services and supports to individuals with acquired brain injuries preferred.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company. Ability to work flexible hours and locations and cover direct care shifts as necessary.
- Experience in managing systems, processes, and people.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations concerning services to individuals with acquired brain injuries.
- Ability to use a calculator and other general office, household, and adaptive equipment.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven supervisory skills.
BA/BS in Business, Health Care Administration or a Social Science OR high school diploma/GED and equivalent work experience of 3 years in brain injury services or residential services for individuals with disabilities. Exceptions to educational requirements must comply with state law. Exceptions must have written approval of the Administrator or designee.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver’s license from state of residence with a satisfactory driving record as defined by ResCare’s vehicle policy and/or liability insurance carrier (as applicable per program requirements).
Per Virginia State Law applicant must have Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services Field.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
3800-3810 Meadowdale Boulevard , Richmond, VA 23234-7190 USA