Clearance Level Needed: None
Category: Information Technology
ManTech International Corporation is looking for top talent as a Systems Engineer supporting our customer at the U.S. Government Customs Border Protection (CBP). The mission of the contract is to effectively and efficiently provide analysis in identifying cargo, individuals, conveyances that may present risk to the United States.
The Systems Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products. Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities. Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
• Member of Application Delivery and Lifecycle Management team, managing the Agile development and delivery of customer-focused business intelligence and advanced analytics products and tools
• Leverages cargo and passenger targeting domain knowledge to work with Government Subject Matter Experts (GMEs) to define, analyze and prioritize functional business and operational requirements, product backlogs, and design specifications
• Manages and coordinates performance and submission of advanced analytics deliverables and work products
• Performs project planning, scheduling, tracking and performance reporting
• Coordinates lifecycle support functions like release, change and production deployment management for models and applications
• Provides indirect and direct supervision over technical scrum team resources (e.g., application, database, and machine learning/modeling engineers) who perform the analysis, design, and delivery of threat-driven, predictive data rule/sets, models and techniques
• Significant experience in developing machine learning models and applying advanced analytics solutions to solve complex business problems
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum framework
• Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s or Ph.D. degree (preferred) in operations research, industrial engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science/engineering, and other related technical fields or equivalent practical experience.
Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain CBP Suitability