- 21 or older.
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Double/Triple and Hazardous Material endorsements. Ability to operate a commercial motor vehicle in adverse road, weather, and traffic conditions.
- One year of tractor-trailer driving experience or graduation from company-approved training program.
- A current motor vehicle report (MVR) that represents a history of safe operation.
- Read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway and traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, read a bill of lading, and make accurate entries in daily driving log.
- Able to follow posted safety rules and safe operating procedures to insure proper techniques, such as lifting, are performed in the manner as which is described.
- Work various shifts and days of the week.
- Experience in a warehouse or transportation industry.
- Experience operating a forklift.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, and maintain balance for extensive periods of time. The ability to frequently lift up to 10 lbs from floor to above waist and horizontally, and carry objects up to 50 feet. Occasionally lift up to 70 lbs. Seldomly lift up to 100 lbs. Ability to push/pull up to 148 lbs for extensive periods of time. Ability to the couple and uncouple combinations vehicles, which requires the ability to repeatedly turn a crank and operate a release lever. Ability to climb ladders on the tractor and/or trailer(s) and frequently enter and exit vehicles. Ability to perform repetitive tasks; stretch, turn, twist, and reach over head; bend, crouch, squat, kneel and stoop for extensive periods of time. The ability to operate a forklift, dolly, hand truck, pallet truck, carts, and other equipment is necessary for loading and unloading freight.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans