Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL's Energy Advisory area is seeking a Senior Consultant. The Senior Consultant position will be located in our Dallas, TX office.
Tasks May Include
- Performing reliability and economic transmission expansion planning and development studies
- Identifying unique transmission solutions for reliability and/or economic constraints in various planning regions such as MISO, PJM, SPP, ERCOT, CAISO, and NYISO
- Serving as a subject matter expert in all aspects of economic planning
- Managing clients in terms of projects, reports, presentations and deliverables
What We're Seeking
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Power Systems;
- At least five (5) years of relevant transmission planning, economic analysis and power market analysis experience, preferably in a utility, power trading, renewable energy company or consulting setting.
- At least three (3) years of experience in detailed economic modeling pertaining to transmission congestion studies, transmission expansion analyses and Locational Marginal Price (LMP) analyses on large ISO/RTO centric power system networks
- In-depth knowledge of RTO/ISO markets and planning practices
- Thorough understanding of production cost calculation, Net Present Value (NPV) and long-term cost-benefit methodologies associated with transmission investment decisions associated with various ISO regional and interregional planning processes
- Working experience in modeling and simulation of congestion/curtailment studies for renewable energy projects across various ISO/RTO regions
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of Financial Transmission Right (FTR), Congestion Revenue Rights (CRR) and similar financial hedging instruments in various energy markets is preferred (though not a must) for this position.
- Expertise in economic modeling using PROMOD IV is a must for this position. Candidates with strong UPLAN and/or PLEXOS experience may be considered.
- Expertise in power system analysis software packages PSS/E and Powerworld Simulator is strongly preferred for this position.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screenings
- Working knowledge of databases including MS Access, MySQL, SQL Server strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of automation scripts such as VB, VB.net and Python for development of automation modules is preferred for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.