Are you seeking a career with an organization that promotes from within, and provides training, development, great benefits, and competitive pay?
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment?
Learn how we have become the nation’s leading transportation company from the ground up – where the rubber really hits the road!
Take charge. Think fast. Move forward. As a Sales and Operations Management Trainee in our fast-paced environment, you will use your hard-earned degree to run a business and quickly solve problems for our customers – who will depend on you to achieve success.
Penske will introduce you to our sales processes, leading-edge technology and winning company culture through ongoing training and mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to succeed in all aspects of our business: sales, operations, finance, customer service, technology and more. You’ll collaborate with a high-energy, driven team as you build a solid foundation in sales and operations. You’ll enjoy flexible schedules, excellent benefits, associate incentives and discount programs. You’ll be on the fast track to furthering your management career, with advancement opportunities at hundreds of our locations nationwide.
- Develop consumer and commercial customer solutions to local and national accounts - including many of the Fortune 500.
- Manage our large inventory of world class and nationally recognized vehicles, balancing fleet productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction in a fast-paced and dynamic workspace
- Generate new business leads as well as foster existing customer relationships
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
Position starts at $22.00 an hour
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred concentration in Business or Marketing
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Internship or related work experience in a customer facing role preferred
- Results oriented, attention to detail and good time management skills
- A valid driver’s license is required, as is the ability and willingness to drive our Penske vehicles, including a 26’ box truck.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application,
submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.