A Guest Services Agent (Graveyard/Overnight) is responsible for assisting in the daily auditing and balancing of operation of the hotel night auditing processes. Assist the Night Auditor in any way necessary for the efficient overall operation of the Night Audit. Greets and registers guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Checks guests out of the hotel. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel .Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests. Answer hotel telephone and directs calls appropriate extension.
What will I be doing?
A Guest Services Agent (Graveyard/Overnight) is responsible for assisting in the daily auditing and balancing of operation of the hotel night auditing processes. Assist the Night Auditor in any way necessary for the efficient overall operation of the Night Audit. Greets and registers guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Checks guests out of the hotel. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel .Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests. Answer hotel telephone and directs calls appropriate extension. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Verify and balance totals from all departments ensuring duties are complete and making adjustment necessary. Preforms duties of Night Audit including closing out systems and balancing paperwork for the business day. Establish hotel night audit policies and procedures, maintaining compliance with company policies and standards.
- Examine and verify charges and posting of Guest Service Agents. Prepare daily transactions reports and clear office system and set for start of the day. Reconciles monthly and daily reports. Preforms reservation arrivals and comments for the day including reports/duties as noted on the checklist.
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Codes electronic keys.
Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such on outlet hours, special VIP programs, events, etc.
- Receives special requests from guests, and responds appropriately or forwards requests to appropriate team members for decisions and actions.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
What are we looking for?
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 4 year college degree preferred with emphasis on foreign languages.
1 - 2 years of prior guest service experience are preferred. Prior hospitality experience also preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!