Ultimate Staffing in Nashua, NH has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Metal Plating Engineer to join our client in the Milford, NH area. This position may be considered a Direct Hire for the right candidate. Monday thru Friday - 7AM to 3:30PM - OT as required to meet production schedules.
•Thorough working knowledge of multiple finishes with the ability to mentor and teach others the skilled trade of metal finishing
Hands on plating, both rack and barrel, of small components.
- Reviews production plans to determine manpower requirements and equipment needs are met
- Responsible for product quality, production schedules, and operator productivity, in addition to general department administration
- Assist in planning operations and methods; efficient utilization of labor, machines and equipment, material and work-flow to assure timely production
- Organize and assign work; instruct, guide and otherwise assist employees in the performance of their work
- Ensure chemistry additions are performed as called out by lab analysis
- Inventory, organize and order chemical supplies for cleaning and plating baths
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university with major course work in Chemistry, Chemical Engineer, or similar
• Eight to ten years related precious metal plating experience preferably in a MIL Spec plating environment
• Must have the ability to implement plating process efficiencies, and the interactions that happen within a bath to include but not limited to behavior of substrate, part dimensions, rack selection and load sizes
• Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
• Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies
We are an equal opportunity employer.