This position will work out of AIM's corporate headquarters in Chicago IL (near O'Hare Airport).
Your Talent. Our Vision. At AIM Specialty Health (AIM), a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating access to greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
The Platform Designer – Development Advisor position plays a key role in the development of AIM’s platform. This platform powers our specialty care management solutions which support both our health plan partners and the members they cover. We are looking for a new member for our platform development team who will be, along with the team, responsible for implementing all features, improvements and maintenance of components throughout all phases of our development lifecycle. As designers grow in this role, opportunities exist to grow into team management and architecture roles.
Primary duties for the Platform Designer – Development Advisor role may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with customers to identify and refine business innovations and new concepts.
- Collaborate with team members to identify new enterprise platform capabilities and business workflows.
- Understand, implement and configure application requirements using platform components.
- Evaluate and adopt the latest Appian technologies and components.
- Develop robust, reusable and reliable Appian components which enhance our platform.
- Create system assets which comply with all appropriate access control and security standards.
- Share ideas and concepts with our development teams to improve and extend our platform capabilities.
- Grow as a developer by exchanging knowledge and ideas with team members and other developers.
- Improve the performance of the team by regularly reviewing our activities and identifying new ways of working together.
- Work in cross-functional development environments to ensure our platform capabilities are used and supported in our products and services.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
About AIM Specialty Health
AIM Specialty Health (AIM) is a leading specialty benefit management company with more than 20 years of experience and a growing presence in the management of radiology, cardiology, oncology, sleep medicine, and specialty pharmacy benefits. Our mission is to make healthcare services more clinically appropriate, safer and more affordable. As such, we promote the most appropriate use of specialty care services through the application of widely accepted clinical guidelines delivered via an innovative platform of technologies and services. With over 32 million members covered across 50 states, AIM ensures delivery of the right test at the right time in the right place.
We maintain offices in Chicago, Deerfield, Schaumburg and Westchester, IL as well as Glendale, CA.
AIM‘s services include:
- Prospective clinical review of outpatient advanced imaging procedures such as CT, MRI, Nuclear Cardiology and PET Scans
- Clinical review for cardiology and specialty pharmacology products and services.
- Oncology Management programs leveraging AIM's proven specialty benefit platform to drive consistent and effective cancer care through services review along with management of close to 70 oncologic drugs.
- Specialty Drugs programs to provide review for over 142 specialty drugs offering providers an automated drug review process through our provider friendly web portal.
- Sleep Management, designed to align the diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea against clinical guidelines, enhance member access to high value providers and ensure treatment compliance for the dispensing of supplies.
Our programs combine clinical excellence, its innovative technology and a commitment to customer service, ensuring the company’s on-going leadership in the rapidly evolving healthcare environment.
AIM is certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and has received Full Accreditation for Health Utilization Management from the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC.)