The Maintenance Mechanic must be able to perform the repair, maintenance, restoration, and replacement of various components of the physical structure of buildings. Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, controllers. Maintain and complete documentation for fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, building alarm contacts, and other building systems. Maintain and repair single phase electrical breakers, switches, receptacles, junction boxes, conduit, lights, and ballasts. Maintain and repair plumbing components including toilets, urinals, lavatories, flush valves, water fountains, sinks, drains, water heaters, piping, and sump pumps. Prepare, prime and paint building interior and exterior surfaces. Perform general Handyman tasks to maintain buildings
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
- Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
- General interior maintenance - hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned.
- Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- Respond effectively to all emergencies.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed.
- Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Maintenance Mechanic role.
Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable, have a minimum of one (1) year of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical. Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 28 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written. Candidate must possess and provide own basic hand tools required to perform assigned work scope, while other tools and equipment are provided on service vehicle.
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now" * A "best company to work for" in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.