WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
From airport master plan development to new runway design, Michael Baker International knows the business of airports - from the smallest general aviation facilities to the busiest international airports in the world. For more than 75 years, we have provided planning, design, and construction services to airports worldwide, serving as an on-call "extension of staff" to many of our aviation clients. Michael Baker's award-winning personnel have a reputation for taking their understanding of the local airport community / environment and incorporating related elements into their designs and plans. Knowing that airports are a key economic driver and source of pride for the geographic areas they serve, we proudly perform as partners in more than facilities and other infrastructure. We partner in success.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Land Development Engineer for the Knoxville, TN area. The successful candidate will assist in designing construction plans for airport projects from preliminary to final design.
• Be responsible for Design and Drafting Experience on Transportation, Municipal Infrastructure, Commercial and Residential Land Development Projects.
• Understanding of City and County Land Development Codes and Transportation, Water, Sewer, and Storm Water technical manuals.
• Have project experience with Preparing Site Plans, Grading Plans, Water/Sewer Utility Plans, Profiles, Cross Sections, etc.
• Land Development projects including municipal facilities, subdivisions, shopping centers, single user retail parcels, etc.
• Possess strong Knowledge and Training in Autodesk AutoCAD/Civil 3D and Bentley Microstation/GeoPak such that 3D elevation surfaces, cross sections and profiles can be created.
• Manages, organizes, and oversees civil designs and details to produce a complete set of drawings.
• Prepare and obtain building and environmental permits as required.
• Utilities engineering computer software including AutoCAD, Micro Station, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, EPA-SWMM, XP-Storm 2D and Geographical Information Systems.
• Possess a BSCE in Civil Engineering or related field
• P.E. from the state of Tennessee or an EIT certificate is required
• 2+ years of related work experience
• Proficient with AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MicroStation, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, EPA-SWMM, XP-Storm 2D and Geographical Information Systems.