Your innovation. Our impact. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create solutions and programs that can truly make a difference at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
In this role you will review requirements for new API/web services, will take requirements design and develop using JAVA typically within a 3 week timeline.
Responsible for participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops relationships with the business to better understand business requirements.
- Analyzes and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible enhancements.
- Participates in developing application scope and objectives and preparing functional and/or technical specifications.
- Aids graphic designers and other web team members to better understand and apply the right marketing focused content.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Participates in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides on call support and monitors the system.
- Facilitates small group design sessions or code reviews and participates in vendor evaluation.