This Packaging company is a privately held, family owned packaging supply company. Its experience across numerous consumer packaged goods categories has allowed them to improve customers’ packaging development, including design and production.
Currently we are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing company.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations to include Bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accrued wages, accrued real estate and property taxes, and accrued commissions and bonuses.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations to include fixed-asset purchases, disposals, capital projects tracking, depreciation and amortization, lease expenses, credit card charges, and debt payments.
- Calculate monthly borrowing base.
- Manage real estate and personal property tax accruals and payments.
- Manage/coordinate miscellaneous customer invoicing, accruals and status reporting.
Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statements for Company and related Leasing entity for submission to related corporate entities and banks.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow the companies safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Set up fixed assets from capital projects for both book and tax calculations, following company guidelines for book and statutory guidelines for tax (AMT, state and regular tax).
- Monitor and record fixed asset transfers and retirements.
- Administer company credit card program, which includes reviewing monthly account activity and general ledger account assignment by card holders, requesting new and replacement cards for authorized users as needed, monitoring authorization classifications and limits, and troubleshooting user issues.
- Provide backup to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Cost Accounting personnel for vacation coverage and illness, which includes daily invoicing of shipments, daily vouching of vendor invoices, daily job close outs and variance reporting, and other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.