Michels Corporation has an immediate opportunity for a full time Field Mechanic in Pompano Beach, FL. Job responsibilities include repair and full maintenance of construction equipment, specifically heavy duty. This position requires continuous travel throughout the State of Florida for extended durations of time.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Keeps vehicles and equipment in use by inspecting and testing, completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle/equipment functional condition by listening to operator complaints, conducting inspections, repairing major failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, replacing parts and components, and repairing body damage.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains records by recording service and repairs for entry into fleet software.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired heavy equipment and trucks to verify conformance to specifications.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on heavy equipment and trucks and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.