Michels Corporation has an immediate opportunity for a full time Field Service Supervisor in Watertown, CT. Job responsibilities include repair and full maintenance of construction equipment, specifically heavy duty. This position requires continuous travel throughout the United States for extended durations of time.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Direct all aspects of management related to the Field Technicians under your supervision. This includes discipline, evaluation, training, day-to-day direction, time approval, and hiring/termination with supervisor approval.
- Visit job sites where Field Technicians are working. Interpret company policies to employees and enforce safety regulations.
- Direct technicians in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment. Handle incoming service calls and assign work.
- Assist workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment. Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving problems.
- Confirm with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Approve requisitions of supplies and parts.
- Study work orders and estimate technician hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Generate purchase orders, review and close work orders, and review and route invoices.
- Maintain and distribute breakdown list.
- Identify and establish relationships with new vendors. Schedule work with vendors.
- Maintain production records; maintain and approve time for employees.
- Perform duties of employees supervised as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.