The Maintenance Mechanic assists in the repair and/or installation of various facility related items, systems and/or components as may be required (e.g. broken windows, roofs, building structures, floors, hand rails, stairs, lighting systems, HVAC units, electrical units/service (120/240/480), plumbing/sewer systems, metal fabrication, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
- Performs facility and grounds related functions as may be required for the purpose of preserving facilities in a healthy, attractive and safe condition.
- Assists other grounds and maintenance personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Performs assigned painting tasks as directed for the purpose of maintaining attractive facilities and minimizing damage.
- Installs system component parts, classroom and office equipment and facility components as may be required for the purpose of maintaining facilities in a safe, comfortable and operating condition.
- Cleans and performs minor repairs of gutters, drains and scuppers for the purpose of ensuring proper operation and adequate drainage.
- Safely operates and maintains shop tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner, working effectively in a diverse manufacturing work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Performs other related work as required and assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.), with 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability and desire to learn.
- Ability to obtain certification to operate powered vehicular equipment such as, but not limited to, burden carriers, fork trucks, aerial lifts, etc.
- Must possess a reasoning ability to deal with problems involving a few known variables in routine situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess the ability to interpret maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams and other documents and to safely operate all company equipment.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- MI State Issued HVAC Universal License preferred
- All applicants must possess a valid and current Michigan Driver's License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks with frequent interruption.
- Ability to interact with staff and others in an open, friendly manner.
- Ability to follow complex instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow regulations pertaining to the safe operation of equipment.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary to meet service demands.
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking on level and slippery surfaces, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, grasping and making repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties.
- The position also requires both near and far vision when inspecting work and operating assigned equipment.
- The need to lift, carry and push tools, equipment and supplies weighing 25 pounds or more is also required.
- Additionally, the position requires work to be performed in all weather conditions including wet, hot and cold.
- The individual may use cleaning and lubricating chemicals, which may expose the employee to fumes or airborne particles, and may be exposed to mechanical and electrical hazards.
- The nature of the work also requires the individual to climb ladders, use power and noise producing tools and equipment, drive motorized vehicles and heavy equipment, work in heavy vehicle traffic conditions and often work with constant interruptions.
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $136 billion. At the end of the first quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 78,000. As of March 31, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $58.0 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A "best company to work for' in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.