A leader in logistics and supply chain management has an exciting opportunity for an entry level operations specialist to assist Air and Ocean operations. The Air/Ocean Operations Specialist will be responsible for managing the entire overseas transportation process including working with resources to troubleshoot and ensure swift resolution. The Air/Ocean Operations Specialist will support both customers and carriers daily to ensure satisfaction and operational excellence. This is a temporary to hire opportunity.
• Schedule and coordinate air/ocean shipments.
• Heavy data entry of transportation information (shipment details, routes, transit times, customer information).
• Follow-up and ensure that all operational activity is executed in an efficient and timely manner.
• Work with carriers to ensure on-time pick up and delivery of freight..
• Communicate with overseas service vendors and offices to obtain any necessary information.
• Positive and self-motivated.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Bachelor's degree REQUIRED for consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.