The Application DBA II is responsible for assisting data architects and software engineers with implementation of data-driven solutions. The successful candidate will engage in all aspects of the solution development (e.g., requirements gathering, change management, testing, tuning, layout, monitoring, automation) to ensure the success of this project. Additionally, the Application DBA will be the liaison with the System DBAs from IT Services to work issues and communicate needs.
- Periodically assess database, system and storage rationalization across all solutions
- Assist and train more junior Application DBAs
- Help design and manage data replication
- Perform database maintenance and assist IT Services with platform upgrades and maintenance
- Create tables, views, procedures, triggers and other database objects
- Ensure data requirements are clearly defined and consistent with solution objectives
- Assist with data discovery and storage planning
- Participate in change management
- Assist users and developers with tuning
- Assist System DBAs with issue resolution and monitoring
- Lead database planning activities
- Perform unit testing as well as assist with UAT
- Review all database documentation and data dictionaries to ensure they are up-to-date
• Open Source: Creating Point of View documents, sizing and performance analyses. Produce documentation and run books, selection and implementation, platform design and selection.
• Databases: performance tuning, clustering design, high availability architectures.
• Virtualization: Virtualization server, storage, desktop, network; reducing sprawl.
• Data Center: optimization, redesign, consolidation, co-location, security (physical and logical), WAN/VPN/encryption, Oracle performance tuning, Oracle Real Application Cluster, Oracle Data Guard (disaster recovery), Database Architect.
• Infrastructure-based processes: monitoring, capacity planning, facilities management, performance tuning, asset management, disaster recovery.
We are looking for an Application DBA:
• 5+ years of experience in the implementation of database designs and query tuning
• Well-versed in database structure and SQL
• Familiarity with multiple database technologies, system platforms and OSes
• Experience creating and changing ETL workflows and job schedules
• Experience with object and code migration and rollback
• Experience with data replication
• Familiarity with TELCOE data is preferred