Seeking CUSTOMER FOCUSED, Energetic, Problem Solvers, to join our growing TEAM!
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Compact Power Equipment Rental - We operate in over 1000 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery. The Compact Power fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, operators, and VIP customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada, Compact Power Equipment Rental is a technology focused leader in the equipment rental industry.
The Area Rental Mechanic - (ARM) should have strong people skills, responsible for the hiring and training of support staff that will maintain a fleet of rental equipment (skid steers, chippers, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.) in a group of The Home Depot stores in the vicinity. You will travel throughout your region of responsibility to monitor equipment for rental readiness, manage the rental operation with the right equipment in the right location, and handle equipment sales opportunities.
- Oversee and participate in branch operations
- Inventory management for service locations (if applicable)
- Insure timely submission of paperwork to Corporate office for reporting, billing and payroll purposes
- Responsible for performance reviews, pay recommendation, safety record of network
- Communicate effectively to customers, coworkers and subordinates
- Monitor service performance levels to ensure customer satisfaction; investigate all service complaints and initiate immediate resolve
- Monitor parts inventory for technicians
- Responsible for following up on parts pending, part number requirements and technical support
- Identify and implement procedures to increase productivity and/or reduce costs.
- Oversee the implementation of new customers
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public.
- Responsibility for the Profit & Loss for District
WE OFFER: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, and 401K and excellent career
- Experience in the landscape/construction/fleet management field
- Strong light construction equipment maintenance knowledge and/or skills including small engines and hydraulics
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
- Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and illustrated parts lists
- Strong work ethic, capable of leading a team
- Experience, ability and desire to provide superior customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in all aspects of the equipment rental industry
- Strong Computer skills
- Valid driver's license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
- High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School - or equivalent experience