COME JOIN A WINNING TEAM! Automotive Technicians are a part of one of the most important teams at CarSense - The Service Department! CarSense is looking for highly ethical, team oriented people to quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance and identify the cause of breakdowns, and repair them using the most optimal solutions, while achieving personal and company goals in accordance with the CarSense culture and values. Automotive Technicians in our service departments can expect a clean, safe and state-of-the-art environment to work in. The jobs are challenging and training is available to those who are career focused!
All applicants who are excited about a culture built on core values where we want only the best for our customers and our employees, are encouraged to apply. CarSense has won a Top Workplace award from Philly.com for the last five consecutive years. CarSense is a workplace that recognizes achievements, encourages growth, provides encouragement to advance, and treats all associates with respect and dignity. It is a rapidly expanding company offering a real opportunity for growth.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. CarSense is an equal opportunity employer.
- Both retail and internal work.
- Work on all makes and models.
- A full-service shop with a focus on preventive maintenance.
- Large, clean shops with multiple diagnostic tools.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification.
- Perform work outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealer and manufacture/factory standards.
- Full automotive troubleshooting and testing.
- The successful candidate will propose creative, practical, and cost effective solutions to problems and process the improvements.
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers.
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs.
- Ensure that customer vehicles are repaired accurately and kept clean - road test vehicles to ensure quality repair the 1st time.
- Keep shop area neat and clean.
- Automotive / Auto Service Excellence (ASE) preferred.
- State and Emissions License preferred.
- Great work ethic: reliable and dependable.
- Proven track record as Automotive Technician/Mechanic of achieving or over-achieving goals/results.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Must have a "can-do" personality.
- Professional appearance, demeanor, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace.
- Willingness to learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing to include a background check, drug test, and Motor Vehicle Record; must have a valid driver's license.