A Banquet Busperson is responsible for setting-up the bus station, removing trays of soiled dishes from the Waithelp station and deliver to the dishwashers, and maintaining the service area in a neat and orderly fashion.
What will I be doing?
A Banquet Busperson is responsible for setting-up the bus station, removing trays of soiled dishes from the Waithelp station and deliver to the dishwashers, and maintaining the service area in a neat and orderly fashion. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Sets up bus stations, and water, coffee and beverage stations, ensuring that adequate supplies and condiments, i.e., cream and sugar, are on supply. Counts sodas and logs them on coffee break sheet, checks sternos and writes any pertinent information for next bushelp on duty. Maintains service area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Promptly removes full trays of soiled dishes from the Wait help's station to the Queen Mary cart and takes the Queen Mary cart to the dishwashers for proper cleaning when full.
- Counts and properly stores all supplies. Locks all storerooms and supply cabinets. Places orders with the banquet manager or secretary when supplies are low and picks up supplies from food and general storerooms.
- Reads event order and picks up the appropriate color and amount of linen from the banquet storage room for the banquet room set-up. Notifies banquet manager of any shortages.
- Visually inspects all assigned service areas and supplies to ensure everything is in its proper place. Checks out with the Captain or Manager on duty and report any linen shortages, and leaves any information needed for the next Bushelp. Checks work schedule.
- Collects and puts dirty linen from Banquet Room in assigned bins. Delivers bins to assigned area when full.
- Collects all jack stands and trays. Stacks jack stands neatly on their racks and puts all trays in its proper place.
- Prepares place setting and condiment items for the following events, to include folding napkins, filling salt shakers and other required duties.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Grade school education preferred.
No experience necessary. One year experience in banquets department preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission (yellow) card and Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Hepatitis A immunization or vaccination certificate required. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Basic math skills to count and order inventory supplies.
- Ability to grasp and lift over shoulder up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!