A Banquet Captain is responsible for assisting in the supervision and coordination of the banquet functions. Responsible for training employees, setting up stations, and when applicable, may service the head table or VIP tables. Oversees that food and/or beverage service is provided in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Hilton's high standards of quality.
What will I be doing?
A Banquet Captain is responsible for assisting in the supervision and coordination of the banquet functions. Responsible for training employees, setting up stations, and when applicable, may service the head table or VIP tables. Oversees that food and/or beverage service is provided in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Hilton's high standards of quality.Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Obtains a copy of the Event Order. Meets with crew to instruct them in banquet set up and procedures. Prechecks stations for the event by communicating with each support department to confirm all plans, i.e., kitchen to ensure proper dishes and amounts are being served, stewards to ensure proper staffing and set-up.
- Monitors food and/or beverage service, ensuring that Waithelp are performing assigned tasks according to specifications of Event of Order.
- Tallies and presents check to guest. Receives payment as specified in the Event Order's billing instructions. Posts checks using computer system and delivers to the Front Office Cashier. Accurately prepares the Captain's Report.
- Monitors closing crew and clean up. Inspects room to ensure proper closing procedure has been followed.
- Introduces self to guests and responds to their requests in a friendly and courteous manner using a positive and clear speaking voice.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Grade school education preferred.
Minimum 2 years experience in banquet Waithelp is required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission Management (blue) card and Tuberculosis Clearance Certification. Ability to obtain certificate of completion for Honolulu Liquor Commission Server-Training program. CPR Certification required. First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
- Ability to input and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to travel throughout the property using elevators and/or stairs continuously throughout the shift.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!