The beautiful Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines is looking to add to our Banquet team! This is for a part time schedule, that requires availability to work EVENINGS / NIGHTS. We were just voted again as one of Fortune 100 Best Places to Work. Our part time employees receive paid time off, travel discounts, Hilton Marketplace discount program, free parking, employee cafeteria and a monthly ice cream day!
A Banquet Houseperson is responsible for set-up, break down and cleaning of all banquet spaces and functions. Assisting guest in functions areas as needed.
What will I be doing?
A Houseperson is responsible for supporting Food and Beverage operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring cleanliness of all areas and maintaining equipment. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet, meeting and conference areas to meet established cleanliness and quality standards
- Cleaning includes, but not limited to, cleaning restrooms, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, cleaning/waxing floors, removing trash, stocking and maintaining supply rooms, reporting maintenance deficiencies for repair/replacement and cleaning and removing spots, insects and debris
- Ensure equipment is in full working order and report any defects
- Project a professional manner to guests and team members
- Assist back of house team when requested
- Assist with set ups to ensure department runs efficiently
- Manage the set up relating to Food and Beverage functions in a timely manner
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Attend training provided by the hotel
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Basic knowledge of Meeting Rooms Set up, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Ability to life/push/pull up to 75 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to walk and stand for a full shift (8 hours) with or without reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware
- Must posses strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in outdoor areas
- Be familiar with all events happening at the hotel
- Ability to perform under pressure effectively for extensive periods of time while maintaining professionalism
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!