A Banquet Waithelp is responsible for setting-up Banquet Rooms and serving food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Hilton's high standards of quality.
What will I be doing?
A Banquet Waithelp is responsible for setting-up Banquet Rooms and serving food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Hilton's high standards of quality. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Serves food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain and the Event Order to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly busses dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Checks work schedule. Prepares place setting and condiment items for the following events, to include folding napkins, filling salt shakers and other required side duties.
- Sets up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, silverware, china, and glassware.
- Introduces self and responds to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Replenishes beverages as necessary, and checks with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Attends roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Two years experience in banquet Waithelp preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission (yellow) card and Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!