In order to be a student at the YRC Freight CDL Training Academy, you must:
- Be age 21 or over.
- Have a current and valid driver's license.
- Have a record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated on a state Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a Class A Permit (prior to starting class).
- Be willing and able to obtain a Certified DOT Medical Card (prior to starting class).
- Meet all requirements to obtain a Hazmat endorsement.
- Meet all DOT requirements.
- Be willing and able to attend class 40 hours per week for 4 weeks and maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Have a reliable form of transportation.
Our top of the line instructors will put the emphasis on safety beginning day 1. We are dedicated and determined to teaching and providing you with the tools necessary to be the safest driver on the road. Our instructors have adopted a constant and intentional focus on safety, ensuring we continuously train, proactively engage all and utilize all available technology to provide the safest environment possible. When you join our Academy, you will be joining a school that is a true leader when it comes to prioritizing safety.
To learn more about becoming a driver for YRC Freight, check out our Drive4YRC website, where you can learn about upcoming job fairs, training programs and see what some of our drivers have to say!
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans