APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas? Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram’s “Top 40 under 40” lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee’s family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Job Summary: Under general supervision, this position investigates, evaluates, and negotiates favorable resolutions to a wide variety of claims made against the company. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related work experience.
- Investigates facts surrounding claims and determines damages.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the evaluation of company liability.
- Handles first and third-party claims of moderate to catastrophic severity exposure level, including bodily injury claims.
- Handles files involving litigation.
- Responsible for timely and appropriate evaluation of claims to identify and manage reserves in compliance with company standards.
- Negotiates settlements with claimants and/or attorneys.
- Summarizes all activity in claims database and resolves claims in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for determining subrogation potential and pursuing recovery if applicable.
- Makes timely assignments to external claims service providers when appropriate including defense counsel, cause and origin experts, and independent adjusters.
- Coordinates and supervises third-party administrator (TPA) on adjustment of claims.
- Communicates outcomes and strategies with field partners.
- Responsible for taking initial reports of all claim types.
- Processes accounts payable check requests.
- Conducts file reviews with management and TPA.