APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas? Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram’s “40 under 40' lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee’s family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
As a member of our team, you will pick up and deliver propane cylinders to retail customers; maintain the appearance of our displays and signs; ensure propane placement meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and company guidelines; and provide overall customer service to our retail customers. Blue Rhino drivers can expect approximately 15 stops a day on average, with an average of 40 tanks per stop. This includes physically lifting 40 lb cylinders in each hand over 200 times a day.
- Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane exchange tanks to and from specified destinations
- Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with regulations and company procedures
- Operates truck in accordance to established safety procedures
- During daily interaction with customers provides exceptional customer service by supplying service information and answering inquires
- Maintains compliance with all DOT requirements
- Under supervision, handles and maintains flow of materials and products under safety guidelines
- Participates in required on call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response
- Supports customer demand by working evening hours and weekends, as needed