Consulate Health Care is one of the nation’s leading providers of Senior Health Care Services. Operating more than 190 centers nationwide, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Since our formation in in 1997, our mission remains “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands”, which guides us in everything we do. Our short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing services help patients recover from illness, injury or medical procedure, and return to a self-sufficient lifestyle, and our assisted and independent Living services provide an engaging, community-oriented experience for our residents.
Our employees are the driving force behind our success in meeting our most important mission. We offer more than just a job – we offer rewarding careers- to those who share our unwavering commitment to helping others and to our Core Values of: Compassion, Honesty, Respect, Integrity and Passion.
|Clinical Nurse, RN
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Clinical Nurse (RN), the primary purpose of your position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Clinical Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
As Clinical Nurse (RN), you will supervise Nurse Techs. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or mangers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in his job description.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in the capacity as a Team Leader in a modified primary care setting.
- Provide regular resident status updates to appropriate personnel.
- Supervise Nurse Techs/Clinical Nurse I & II, and participate in their evaluations.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each resident’s medical status upon admission and throughout the resident’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned resident.
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning resident care.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring nursing staff.
- Provide supervision/counseling as needed to unit nursing staff.
- Assist in completion of annual performance appraisals for all unit personnel, including competence checklist.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure effective interactions with patients and families.
- Ensure compliance with residents rights policies and work with families and other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the facility.
- Schedule, conduct and document regular meetings with direct reports staff to ensure effective communication.
- Attend and participate in department/facility meetings, as required.
- Participate in evaluations of Nurse Techs and Clinical Nurses I and II.
- Act in compliance with Consulate, regulatory, and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical competency.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
- Oversee Falls Program and Pressure Sore Program for those residents on their team.
Clinical Nurse, RN Requirements:
- Valid License as an RN in the state of practice
- Graduate / completion of approved accredited school of nursing
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using jobs.militarytimes.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the jobs.militarytimes.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.