Position Summary: The Collections Specialist is responsible for locating and notifying customers of delinquent accounts. Collect payments from customers with outstanding balances. Negotiate payment plans and other arrangements. Contacts customers to obtain payments and resolve discrepancies. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of accounts receivable process, including account adjustments, corrections, and write-offs.
- Obtain payments and resolve discrepancies.
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts
- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Prompt and regular attendance
- Comply with all company policy and procedures
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times on matters pertaining to company and its associates.
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a team.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of accounts receivable process, including account adjustments, corrections, and write-offs.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted
- Proficiency in understanding and use of personal computers, e-mail and 10-key adding machine or calculator skills required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially with Excel
- Reconciliation of the general ledger and various accounts
- 3+ years of Collections experience
We are an equal opportunity employer.