A Refrigeration Technician Engineer with Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts is responsible for performing preventative maintenance, new installation and repairs on all hotel refrigeration systems.
What will I be doing?
A Refrigeration Technician Engineer with Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts is responsible for performing preventative maintenance, new installation and repairs on all hotel refrigeration systems. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Performs preventative maintenance, new installation and repairs on refrigeration systems including but not limited to: walk-in coolers and freezers, medium and low temperature reach-in and under-counter refrigerators, portable refrigeration boxes and ice machines.
- Sources and specifies relevant parts and or supplies for repairs, new equipment and parts stock
- Utilizes HotSOS to record all reactive and preventative work.
- Assists other team members, guest requests and training.
What are we looking for?
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Must have minimum 5 years previous experience working as a refrigeration service or installation technician. Food service and/or hospitality experience is preferred. Must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Electric and electronic trouble shooting
* Ability to read wiring diagrams
* Refrigeration troubleshooting and repair
* Evacuating and re-charging of refrigerant systems
* Knowledge of all refrigerant types and their applications
* New equipment installation experience
* Plumbing and pipefitting experience
* Continuing education on various forms of hotel equipment
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Universal CFC refrigeration certification
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!