POSITION: Engineering Manager
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
The Engineering Manager position is for experienced Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer with 5-7 years of experience with BS Degree in Engineering. This individual should be considered a technical expert in the design, development and possess experience with customers such: PW, GE and Sikorsky. This candidate should be capable for proposing new technology and/or program directions in support of business unit objectives, as well as to provide technical consultation to Management. This position level is expected to impact business level objectives. Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendations/solutions. Knowledge and extensive experience with Engineering Source Approval a must.
- Originates, develops and implements and oversee process designs for new parts
- Assists in product transition from design to manufacturing floor
- Designs, develops and improves new or existing processes/programs/projects
- Performs financial analysis of project design components
- Prepares preliminary and final detail design and documentation for new projects
- Manages and directs design process and revisions
- May be assigned responsibility for managing project obligations, such as management of technical documentation package for a product
- Manage complex/sized projects, product design, testing, processing, including foreseeing technical problems, resolving significant technical problems
- Develops and oversee large, business-critical projects.
- Participates as a team leader in specific broad engineering assignment
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Defined engineering approaches, planning and scheduling work
- Mentors less experienced engineers
- Establishes positive engineering relationships within aviation industry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and longer term projects
- Good analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Minimum 5-7 years of airframe component design experience
- Preferred Green or Black Belt Certified
Polamer Precision, Inc. is a world-class contract aerospace manufacturing firm that produces high quality engine and airframe components. We are a team of talented, ethical and motivated individuals committed to provide our customers with superior quality products delivered on time to create an extraordinary level of satisfaction. We provide a safe and rewarding work environment that acknowledges individual achievement and promotes the skills of teamwork to truly use our full potential. Knowing the value of technology and its use, we strive to become the leader of a 21st century company.
Or fax to: 860-505-0546 Attn: Office Director
If you prefer to apply online, please visit our website:
Job application available at: http://www.polamer.us/jobs.php
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Polamer Precision, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.