Coordinate facility management activities including capital improvement projects and demand/program maintenance and operations activities. Direct supervision of Nisource contracted building maintenance services to maintain and operate building systems within Nisource facilities.
- Estimate, plan and coordinate facility capital improvement projects and office planning as necessary to support business and operational needs of the corporation within established capital budgets.
- Oversee and direct daily maintenance and operations of building mechanical, HVAC, electrical activities in compliance with state, local, environmental, safety regulations within established O&M budgets.
- Provide direct supervision and scheduling of building maintenance contractors including daily and weekly work order assignments, follow up, and performance evaluation. Encourage safe work practice and provide necessary formal and on-the-job training sessions and learning opportunities.
- Oversee maintenance and operations of building automation systems which monitor various Nisource facilities including daily monitoring and control of HVAC operating systems. Work with vendor service personnel to program and complete system maintenance and performance management.
- Coordinate required state, local, and company inspections, testing, and reporting of various building system components such as boiler, plumbing backflow preventers, elevators, building and fire alarm systems, etc. as required.
- Act as a liaison to Critical Systems Engineer for maintenance and operations of facility backup power system generators and UPS (uninterruptable power supply) systems, working within operational restrictions of critical company facilities including data centers and dispatch control centers.
- Coordinate, oversee, and direct maintenance activities at various non-gas Nisource facilities with focus on building structure, HVAC and electrical systems that support critical equipment within these facilities.
- Maintain and oversee contracted maintenance service agreements for specialized mechanical equipment and chemical treatment systems in various building locations.
- Maintain and operate department work order management system, including hand held field units used by building mechanics. Perform regular system maintenance and data management.
- Provide support and assistance to supervisory duties and/or vendor administration of other facility management areas. Alternate duties may include supervision and coordination of custodial operations, security services, office planning, and maintenance activities not specifically listed in above duties and responsibilities.
- Building responsibilities will include facilities in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia and occasional travel to those sites will be required.
Required for Selection:
- Facility management background with job related facility maintenance experience with a strong knowledge of various mechanical and electrical building systems
- Previous supervisory experience and leadership skills.
- Familiarity and experienced use of company budgeting programs, Microsoft office programs, AutoCAD, space management and work order management programs.
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate with all levels of management personnel.
Preferred for Selection:
- Ability to make and communicate decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to encourage teamwork, participation and individual accountability.
- Strong business sense of competitive economic environment and a dedication to be competitive.
- Ability to work independent without daily supervision.
Required for Selection:
- Bachelors degree in related Facilities/Construction Management or other engineering, technology degree or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity or professional affiliation with IFMA or BOMA facility management associations.
- Travel primarily within the Nisource service territory, with occasional out-of company and overnight travel required.
Preferred for Selection:
- Professional Engineering Certificate, Certified Facility or Property Manger designation with IFMA/BOMA. (Or desire to obtain certification).
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at careers.nisource.com on or before July 2nd!
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.