Are you highly organized, self-motivated, and eager to work in a fast-paced environment? If so, UPS wants to hear from you! We are looking for a qualified Collections Associate to showcase their dynamic skills.
The GBS Collections Associate performs collection responsibilities according to established procedures. He/She impacts the organization by improving cash flow, minimizing delinquency, reducing Days Sales Outstanding, and limiting bad debt exposure. This position requires extensive communication with customers via telephone and/or written correspondence to attempt to bring resolution to unpaid accounts. Limited product, service, or business unit knowledge utilized.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and resolves basic and routine issues impacting payment
- Overcomes customer objections concerning payments and assists them in understanding their account terms
- Utilizes payment options and negotiates payment arrangements
- Follows prescribed escalation procedures
- Provides thorough, efficient, and accurate updates to customer and other stakeholder information using various software programs including UPS proprietary programs
- Submits recommendations to write-off account balances
- Monitors and maintains assigned queue of customer accounts
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively and professionally present information and respond to questions
- Basic analytical and problem resolution skills
- Desire to work in a position requiring extensive phone and email communication
- Ability to work in a highly measured, fast-paced, production environment
- Prior phone center and/or collections experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field - Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience handling objections and gaining commitment
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Read the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law here.