A Guest Services Agent - Vacation Ownership - Linguist is responsible for greeting and registering guests and providing prompt and courteous service both in English and in Japanese. Will be responsible for checking guests in and out of the hotel. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel. Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests. Employee must successfully complete training on all aspects of Hilton Grand Vacations Club Front Desk operations, and must have a working understanding of the Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare program, including room type differences and layouts.
What will I be doing?
A Guest Services Agent - Vacation Ownership - linguist is responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing prompt and courteous service. Checks guests out of the hotel. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in our hotel. Upgrades guests, as required. Promotes hotel services, amenities and upsells products to the guests. Employee must successfully complete training on all aspects of Hilton Grand Vacations Club Front Desk operations, and must have a working understanding of the Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare program, including room type differences and layouts. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Codes electronic keys. Non-verbally confirms the room number and rate. Promotes and administers Hilton Marketing Programs such as Hilton Honors, for arriving guests. Provides welcome packet containing room keys, departure information, and coupon book to guest. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office area.
Closes guest accounts at time of check out and ascertains satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiates compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Offers services and upsells as directed by management, consistent with customer needs. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice, listens to understand requests or problems, responds with appropriate action, solutions and follows through. Provides accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Verifies credit card information for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handles cash, makes change and balances an assigned house bank. Accepts and records vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Converts foreign currency at current posted rates. Performs accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a ten-key machine. Posts charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer. Balances and sells stamps.
- Promptly answers the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Inputs messages into the computer. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolves complications such as location changes, credit issues, guest anger or stress
- Fields guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion while displaying sincere concern.
What are we looking for?
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English and Japanese, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a complex computer system as well as processing and using reports.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry a maximum of 50 lbs.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!