Mercer is a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the opportunities at Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people.
Think. Consult. Change Lives.
Imagine a career that:
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
Mercer’s 2,500 US Health Consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
The first step in your career with Mercer’s Health business is as a Health Actuarial Analyst. Our Health Actuarial Analysts work closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies’ health and welfare programs. You will be part of teams that plan designs, contribute strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meet your client’s benefit and financial needs. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
A Health Actuarial Analyst can expect to:
- Develop employee contribution strategies to meet employer cost objectives.
- Assist in the development of customized pricing and valuation models.
- Price medical and prescription drug plan designs using proprietary Mercer tools.
- Analyze vendor renewals and plan experience and estimate future plan costs.
- Develop basic underwriting and actuarial skills as you build an awareness of health care plan design, cost factors, and the renewal process as well as industry products, services, and tools, including Mercer Health products, the vendor/insurance carrier market, and budget setting, rate setting, and evaluation.
Qualified candidates for a Health Actuarial Analyst position will have:
- Superior analytical, mathematical and project management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- High degree of self-direction and ability to work on teams or independently
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation as demonstrated by having successfully passed at least one SOA exam or other related professional certification
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel
- A bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, math, statistics, economics, business, finance, or other related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.UNI0037B-en