Energize Your Career at NV Energy!
Would you like to join the premier provider of energy for Nevada? Would you like the opportunity to build a career that offers you challenge, adventure and a variety of work assignments while growing your skills and expertise -- consider NV Energy!
NV Energy has served southern Nevada since 1906. Our Company is committed to creating a culture that embraces our core principles of Customer Service, Safety/Employee Commitment, Environmental Respect, Regulatory Integrity, Operational Excellence and Financial Strength. Be a Lineman who is set apart from the others and join our team!
We have Journeyman lineman positions in Las Vegas and Northern Nevada. We will provide relocation for these positions.
- Requires completion of a four-year Journeyman- Electric apprentice program.
- Constructs high voltage power transmission and distribution overhead & underground lines; makes construction changes to existing lines; fittings and equipment; repairs power lines; services lines and line equipment; sets poles; installs cross arms, transformers, transformer racks, self-contained single phase meters of 200 amps or less, and services of various types and sizes.
- Experience with Hot Stick and Rubber gloving.
- PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to climb towers and poles, working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) under Title 49 CFR Part 382 and Part 40. Any applicant/employee who is licensed and would operate a commercial vehicle for the Company will be subject to drug and alcohol testing under the Company’s FMCSA drug and alcohol testing programs. Any employment, transfer, or promotion offer made for this position is contingent upon taking and passing a drug test prior to the commencement of the new role. If an applicant/employee fails the drug test, any offer of employment, transfer, or promotion will be revoked
NV Energy is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.