The Mental Health Center of Denver has an immediate need of Co –Responders (LPC/LCSW/LMFT)
We believe that people are resilient - they can and do recover from mental illness. At the Mental Health Center of Denver, we hire people dedicated to working towards that goal.
POSITION SUMMARY: Respond to Mental Health related 911 calls with Denver Police officers and provide direct mental health clinical assessments, treatment and crisis intervention to individuals encountered. Develop working crisis plans and provide referral, linkage and access to further treatment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Respond to mental Health related 911 calls with the Denver Police and provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, crisis interventions, referrals and linkage to resources for consumers who are not arrested
- Provide case management services to clients as needed or assigned as part of police response to mental health related 911 calls.
- Develop crisis related treatment plans.
- Provide psychological consultation to Denver Police officers while responding to mental health related calls
- Coordinate client's use of other MHCD programs and outside community resources
- Coordinate medication/medicinal needs of clients with psychiatrists, nurses, and other medical sources as part of crisis resolution
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards
- Participate in team/department meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required
- Perform 27-10 (M-1) “mental health hold" evaluations in the community while responding with Denver police to mental health related 911 calls
- Perform other duties as assigned