Title: Licensed Medical Social Worker Per Diem - Rehab Without Walls
Job Category: Nursing/Skilled
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Licensed Medical Social Worker Per Diem - Rehab Without Walls. In this position, you will play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
Licensed Medical Social Worker Per Diem - Rehab Without Walls Responsibilities
- Provides direction, supervision and evaluation of medical social services to patients in the home to ensure compliance with state practice act(s) and ResCare policies and procedures, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations.
- Works under general supervision.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Instructs, treats, observes and evaluates patients exhibiting significant social and emotional problems affecting their health status.
- Assists the physician and other health team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the patient’s health problems.
- Participates in the development and periodic re-evaluation of the physicians Plan of Treatment for patients needing social work services.
- Utilizes special skills and judgment to resolve social and emotional responses connected with the illness.
- Observes, records and reports changes in patients' condition and response to treatment to Clinical Manager and the physician.
- Participates in the discharge planning process.
- Instructs/counsels patients and families in treating and coping with social and emotional response connected with illnesses.
- Provides ongoing assessment of patient and family needs and responses to teaching.
- Participates in care coordination activities and acts as a resource to other health team members in the identification and resolution of patient needs.
- Utilizes appropriate community resources to achieve identified objectives.
- Supervises, instructs and evaluates the performance of the Social Work Assistant (BSW) to assure that all medical social services are provided to patients in compliance with Company, government and professional standards.
- Maintains and submits documentation as required by the Company and/or facility including any case conferences, patient/physician/community contacts, visit reports, progress notes, and confers with other health care disciplines in providing optimum patient care.
- Attends, participates in and/or conducts internal staff development programs, obtains continuing education as required by Company policies and regulations.
- Maintains and enhances clinical practice skills.
- Maintains the highest standards of Professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature.
- Shares information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Communicates information that enables data collection and root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education with six months* social work experience in a healthcare setting.
- Current licensure/certification in the state(s) of practice if required.
- Successful completion of any/all Company required pre-employment competency testing and health
clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state regulations.
- Good organization and communication skills and ability to function with minimal supervision also required.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Predictive Full-time, 40 Hour Plus Schedule
- Part-time and On-call shifts available (less than 30 hours)
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
, Traverse City, MI 49686 USA