The Senior Manager Research Analyst is responsible for assisting consultants in gathering missing information and additional information about Investment Managers to help better enable consultants to evaluate Investment Managers to identify those who are most capable of generating value for our client portfolios. This position is exclusive to hedge funds research. To fulfill this role, the Senior Manager Research Analyst will (under the direction of the Consultant):
- Contact Investment Managers directly to complete missing information about Investment Managers and Investment Management strategies in the Global Investment Manager Database (GIMD) for client presentations
- Provide ad hoc support to Consultants in preparing for internal and external research meetings by gathering background information through internet searches on clients and investment managers
- Attend Investment Manager Meetings in the local office each week to gain exposure to the industry and observe and learn from the Consultants that lead the meetings
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, or other business-related areas having strong quantitative and analytical analysis
- Up to 3 years of applicable experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities while working in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a high proficiency in Excel
- Should have an Interest in pursuing a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or MBA degree
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.R_007301-en