The Operating Engineer - MHE TECH I will be responsible for assisting in the housekeeping, general maintenance, and repair of the building.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong mechanical aptitude - consider past work, hobbies, training, etc. to reveal the entry level mechanic's aptitude for basic troubleshooting and repairs
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and logistically support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Skilled trade training or equivalent technical expertise
- Ambitious and eager to learn - desire to learn Robotics - chosen candidates will be trained by the Amazon robotic company
- Repairing and making improvements to building and infrastructure
- Maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Light metal and wood fabrications, including welding
- Maintaining and repairing distribution center racking
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining material handling equipment
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining building pneumatic system
- Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
- Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
- Ability to do e-mail communication and date entry for database
- Enter downtime data in daily log, complete PM sheets
- Electrical, knowledge of basics components
- Troubleshooting. Ability to ID problems and understand resources, needed to resolve them
- Tracking and storing the departments inventory, including spare parts
- Supporting continuous improvement in department
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Operation Support AND Customer Service
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Electrical knowledge of basics components.
- Use test equipment ability to do simple circuitry.
- Plumbing: Can shut off water and identify problems. Can repair plastic PVC pipe.
- Building Lighting: Able to change out lights. Troubleshooting of lights, displays and wiring
- Compressors, Pneumatics- knows what they do and how to take readings.
- Able to reset, change out filters, oils and basic compressor experience.
- Metal and wood fabrication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
- Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
- Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with conveyors, understand flow of system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistants
- Slam, Print and Apply, able to start system and know key components with basis adjustments. Ability to repair printers adjusts photo eyes and scales
- Box Makers: Start and stop load fill and change tape, know key components and make adjustments. Perform PM's and do basic repairs
- Basic understanding of building components
- Knowledge of CMMS programs
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with, as of December 31, 2015, revenue of $6.0 billion and fee revenue of $5.2 billion, more than 280 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 70,000. On behalf of its clients, the company provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. As of September 30, 2016, its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.7 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A "best company to work for' in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.