Material Handling Equipment Technician I
The Material Handling Equipment Technician I will be responsible for the maintenance of Conveyance, Material Handling and Associated Equipment in a distribution environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Repairing and making improvements to material handling equipment.
- Metal and wood fabrications, including welding
- Maintaining and repairing distribution center racking
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining material handling equipment
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining industrial equipment with electro-mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
- Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
- Ability to do e-mail communication and date entry for database
- Enter downtime data in daily log, complete PM sheets
- Electrical, knowledge of basics components
- Troubleshooting. Ability to ID problems and understand resources, needed to resolve them
- Tracking and storing the departments inventory, including spare parts
- Supporting continuous improvement in department
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
- PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
- Experience with conveyors, understand flow of system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistance
- Slam, Print and Apply, able to start system and know key components with basis adjustments.
- Ability to repair printers adjusts photo eyes and scales
- Box Makers- start and stop load fill and change tape, know key components and make adjustments.
- Perform PM's and do basic repairs
- Basic knowledge of electrical components and their function in a control system. Compressors, Pneumatics- knows what they do and how to take readings.
- Able to reset, change out filters, oils and basic compressor experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
- Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
- Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now" * A "best company to work for" in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.