Member Service Representative
PenFed is hiring Member Service Representatives in our Omaha & Papillion, NE locations for our February 19th classe. The primary purpose of this job is to answer incoming member calls, providing information, resolving problems, offering new products and services and acting on requests for products.
*This schedule is daytime hours and will include Saturdays*
New exciting tiered compensation plan based on a combination of education and experience.
The starting hourly rate for this position ranges from $13.46 to $16.28. You will be eligible for a 5% increase after successfully completing our training program. Thereafter, you will be eligible for increases of up to 10% based on performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Answer member telephone calls regarding PenFed share and loan products and accounts, expediting all calls and ensuring quality member service.
- Resolve member problems within delegated limits, including but not limited to refunding fees, as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of PenFed share and loan products, policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of outside competitive products.
- Complete documents being forwarded to other departments on a regular basis.
- Research member questions/requests on an automated records system.
- Assist in other departments as required.
- Recommend products and services appropriate to member needs.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in a service-oriented field is required.
- This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.