Primary responsibility is to receive incoming customer telephone calls and make outbound telephone calls to customers regarding various products, services, and outstanding membership accounts. Responsible to respond to inquiries received in the email box and on voicemail. Provides member service via the telephone, email, mail, fax, and in-person when required.
- Receives incoming member telephone calls and makes outbound telephone calls to customers regarding products, services, and outstanding membership accounts.
- Provides member service via the telephone, email, social media, mail, fax and in person. Resolves member inquiries as related to the calls and responds to e-mail inquiries received in the general email box. Also responds to voice inquiries from general voice mail box and replies to member inquiries via social media.
- Utilize all organizational policies and procedures to ensure member satisfaction.
- Updates member record at the time of member contact and member inquiries via the database system and other appropriate lists.
- Researches and processes customer claims, inquiries, issues, problems.
- Calls, e-mail, mails, and/or faxes correspondence to members as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Assists members by:
- Adjusting complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints to designated departments for further investigation. Answer customer questions or inquiries via phone, email, IM, social media, mail, and/or fax.
- Analyzes accounts and records discrepancies, adjustments, and corrections.
- Records information about financial status of member and status of collection efforts.
- Research returned postal mail, emails, and incorrect phone numbers to obtain current contact information for member and update contact information in database.
- Stays current on membership options, benefits and services to provide accurate information and cross-sell when appropriate.
- Maintain regular communication with important member service partners at headquarters, regional offices, and other partners as appropriate (government, testing centers, etc.)
- Provide support and assist in the successful implementation of live customer/member events through registration, execution, and follow-up as directed.
- Update member service instruction manual and related templates.
- Other projects and/or tasks as assigned.
- Associate bachelor or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year of experience in operations, call center, customer service, or sales environment.
- PC skills to include Microsoft Office products, spreadsheets, and database applications.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, people and telephone skills.
- Proactive attitude and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Effective conflict resolution ability.
- High level of integrity and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information.
- Team-oriented, empowered, and professional with a "can do,' forward-thinking approach who takes initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral communications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.