Mortgage Servicing Loan Care Specialist
PenFed is hiring a Mortgage Servicing Loan Care Specialist in Plano, TX. The primary purpose of this job is to provide best-in-class experience for members in response to inquiries in a call center environment. The incumbent is responsible for handling verbal and written inquiries, route specific inquiries to the appropriate area of expertise, and ensure timely services to our members as related to the servicing of mortgage loans.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain 85% availability to answer inbound calls from members regarding mortgage servicing issues.
- Professionally answer member’s questions and concerns regarding the servicing of their mortgage loans to include billing statements, escrow questions (tax, insurance, escrow analysis), misapplied payments and other servicing functions while maintaining confidentially of member information.
- Document all member contacts and inquires by adding comments on the mortgage loan servicing system and updating account demographics as necessary.
- Resolve servicing concerns or issues by clarifying the member’s concerns, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the concern, expediting the correction or adjustment and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Ability to work in multiple systems to obtain loan information and complete research for members in a timely manner.
- Prepare CITs and task to the appropriate staff/department with research requests or inquires that cannot be handled during the call or by the Loan Care Specialist.
- Responsible for the Setup, Change, or Cancellation of ACH requests from members.
- Process requests from members, third parties and internal staff for payment histories, amortization schedules, payoffs, verification of mortgage and documentation requests.
- Ensure all member issues and complaints are resolved in a timely manner including escalating the complaint to management through the Everest Tracking System, as needed or required.
- Understand loan transaction history inquiry, including payment activity, escrow disbursements, rate and P&I changes, fee assessments, and payment reversals.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associates degree or combination of education and experience that provides necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Two years of related work experience in mortgage loan servicing or in work that provided a working knowledge of mortgage loan products.
- Must have general knowledge of federal, state, county or city, investor, insurer and internal laws, policies and procedures with regard to mortgage loan servicing including PenFed mortgage loan products.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling a high volume of work with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to work in a phone queue/call center environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, priority work environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Possess knowledge and recognition of loan related documents such as Note, Mortgage/Deed of Trust, Riders, PMI/VA and Flood certificates, and HUD-I.
- Must be detail oriented, and have independent work habits and skills.
- Present a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, LoanServ, Penguin, Hogan, and any other mortgage software.
Will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
* Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.