Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed.
This job is in the Back End pharmacy, so there is no patient contact. Currently, the hours of operation are 2:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday with rotating schedules on Sunday between the hours of 3 a.m.-11 a.m.
Pharmacy Technicians must have current state license or national certification without restrictions based on regulatory requirements of worksite at the time the candidate begins their first day. We will accept another State's License during interview and offer stages but actually starting in position will be contingent upon you applying for and passing the Indiana State License PT Exam.
- Entering prescriptions and verifying appropriate information
- Processing prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolving customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders
- Interprets physicians' prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer system, verifies whether order is reimbursable
- Dispenses any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals and injectables; may compound medications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess Current Indiana Pharmacy Tech License or National Pharmacy Tech license or the ability to obtain license within 90 days of hire
- 6+ months of experience in Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician
- Available to work 2nd shift hours with rotating Sundays
- 1+ years of working experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a retail Pharmacy
- Experience using bar code scanner, Kirby Counters, and Prescription Drug Tracking Software
- Experience working in a production line environment
- Demonstrated Computer skills (Able to navigate around a PC using inventory control software after proper training)
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods of close vision looking at a computer monitor
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, floor activity
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or _expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk