Doing your best. That's what we want you to do in this role when you join the OptumRx Pharmacy team. And, as a member of our team, you'll be receiving competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, career opportunities and much more. Apply today to start doing your life's best work. SM
We are leading the way in creating change that improves the lives of our customers. You have the desire, the drive, and the dedication to be a part of that change, now you just need the opportunity. OptumRx is committed to making a difference in the lives of those prescription members by gathering the data and analyzing the impact on our customers. This is a great place to start in building a career focused on making an impact in healthcare and the lives of others. This is a great place to start doing your life's best work. SM
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for ensuring the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions by reviewing approved computer orders and monitoring shipments or completing the actual disbursement. This includes maintaining proper inventory and storage of drug by filling dispensing units and monitoring and adjusting pharmacy equipment.
What are the reasons to consider working for OptumRX? Put it all together - performance based pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success.
Some of our offerings include:
- 18 days of Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement - up to $5,250 per calendar year for job-related coursework
- Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday 2pm - 10:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 2858 Loker Ave E #100, Carlsbad,CA 92010.
- Navigates across multiple computer systems to review and confirm prescriptions orders and information ensuring that automated fulfillment is correct
- Manually dispenses orals, liquid medications and medical supplies according to standard procedures and protocols
- Maintain dispensing units ensuring they are filled with correct products, returns products that are no longer valid due to recalls, supply issues, etc.
- May process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting and dispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate manner for shipment within the required timeframes
- Start of employment is contingent upon successful state Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- 1 year of pharmacy/prescription experience preferred but not required
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk