Welcome to one of the toughest and mostfulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools,most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitlessopportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.OptumRx is one of the largest and most innovative pharmacybenefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. OptumRxis leading the way in creating change that improves the lives of ourcustomers. You have the desire, thedrive, and the dedication to be a part of that change, now you just need theopportunity. OptumRx is committed tomaking a difference in the lives of those members filling monthly prescriptionsby gathering the data and analyzing the impact they have on our customers. Thisis a great place to start in building a career focused on making an impact inhealthcare and the lives of others. Thisis a great place to start doing your life's best work. SM
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for prescriptionorder entry, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls to/from patients,physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service andmaximizing productivity
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday.Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shiftschedules during our normal business hours of (7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays 7 a.m. - 2p.m.). It may be necessary,given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office islocated at 650 N NELLIS BLVD LAS VEGAS, NV 89110
- Process member prescriptions or prior authorizations through variouscomputer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating asnecessary
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or toprovide specific medication details/clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoingcalls as needed to provide follow-up or consultation such as priorauthorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals/denials) orrecommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits andprocedures
- Process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting anddispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate mannerfor shipment within the required timeframes.
- Maintain dispensing units ensuring they are filled with correctproducts, returns products that are no longer valid due to recalls, supplyissues, etc.
- An education level of at least a High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- Must have State of NV PhT License
- 1+ year of pharmacy/prescription data entry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- 3+ years of experience in retail pharmacy
- Bilingual - Spanish/English
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
OptumRx isan empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change.Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the livesof our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
Ifyou're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about whathappens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather resultsfrom millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talkabout smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordablehealthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the wayto make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greaterdedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships,innovation and performance. Join us andstart doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk