Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Under the direct supervision and control of a pharmacist, performs packaging, manipulative, repetitive, or other non-discretionary tasks related to the processing of a prescription in a licensed pharmacy, but excludes all functions restricted to a registered pharmacist. Work closely with licensed pharmacists to ensure safe and accurate handling of each prescription.
- Preparing prescriptions by counting, pouring, weighing, mixing, labeling, packaging, and measuring pharmaceuticals for Pharmacist approval
- Assuming responsibilities involving receiving, entering, processing, and maintaining orders in the computer system
- Enter patient demographics and verify patient identity matches prescription information
- Price and submit insurance claims
- Assist patients in dropping off and picking up prescriptions
- Support on-site pharmacy audit reviews
- Order, enter, and maintain prescription and over the counter stock inventory and office supplies
- Assist as cashier to facilitate POS and bank transactions
- Enter patient demographics and maintain patient profiles
- File prescription documentation
- Answering non-clinical related phone calls
- Maintain continuation credit hour requirements for licensure
- Work with insurance carriers to obtain payments and refilling authority
- Assisting internal and external customers
- Scheduling and Maintaining Workflow
- Verify that customer receives correct prescription(s)
- Assisting in Pharmacy maintenance/organization as directed by pharmacy manager
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Follows all policies and procedures relating to job responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet pharmacy and corporate objectives
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Pharmacy Technician License in the state of Nevada
- 2+ years of Pharmacy Technician experience (outstanding interpersonal, communication, organizational, customer service, telephone, and computer skills, as well as a working knowledge of pharmacy computer systems. Must be detail-oriented, analytical, flexible, and able to work independently, meet deadlines, establish priorities, and enter data efficiently and accurately)
- Must possess and maintain knowledge of drug names (i.e., generic and trade)
- Available to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required according to the needs of the business. Schedule will be around Mon-Fri 8am 6pm and Sat 9am 1pm. Not all Saturdays are needed, the shift rotates and some but not all Saturdays will be needed.
- 2+ years of experience in pharmacy and/or community retail businesses
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Pharmacy Technician experience in a high volume retail business
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods of close vision looking at a computer monitor
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, floor activity
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.